Thursday, August 6, 2015

8/6/15  Becoming a Fashion Model 

Ok, so maybe not a fashion model, but you want to improve your look.  Besides going to the mall and constantly buying the wrong thing that you have to return or just hang in the closet until you realize you'll never wear it, you can actually do some research and self discovery.  Fashion Tip of the Day has a few suggestions, from my own experience.

You can figure out your "type" with help from Carol in the Dress Your Truth program.  I learned that I'm a Type 3, with a fast-moving action-oriented personality, and prefer triangles and other geometric patterns to express my true nature, such as these pointy toed shoes.


Since I'm in that certain very special age group, I started following Sylvia on her 40 Plus Style website.  Aside from fabulous advice on her website, she offers a course, which I highly recommend. After taking this course, I started branching out and wearing brighter colors and learned new skills, like putting together outfits, wearing what suits my body, organizing my closet, using internet resources, and mixing patterns (note how the houndstooth pattern actually coordinates with the Vera Bradley bag, below).


In addition, I enjoy reading Adrienne's blog, Rich Life on a Budget, which has opened my eyes to new styles as well as scenery, through her descriptions of traveling through beautiful California wine country.  She also offers an opportunity to play the "How I Wear My..." fashion game and...dare I say this...become a fashion model.  This month I was truly honored to appear alongside some very glamorous, creative, fashionable women (and men!) modeling my straw hat.

What I enjoy most is how each blogger shares so much of herself, so that you feel like you know her. I have listed some of my favorites on the main page of this blog, and each one usually leads to many more, so just keep searching and you will find something that speaks to you.

We all have to get dressed every day anyway; we may as well make it a little fun!
-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment